Courses that have matched your search criteria
Supervision Skills (Face-to-Face)
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport. Find out more here
NOTE: This course will be delivered live at Pynes Hill, Exeter. Timings are 09:30am to 16:30pm with breaks included
Our Supervision Skills workshop is an ideal training course for any Supervisor or team leader who has to manage people but still has to work as part of the team. Managing staff effectively is challenging but it can also be extremely rewarding. Individuals’, teams’ and organisational success come from consistent and effective management.
This course addresses the fundamental elements of how to maximise performance via management skills, looking at motivation and leadership amongst many other topics. It will give the delegates a concrete base, methods and tools to apply proven management practice and achieve high performance and a 'happy' workforce. Happy people = a Happy Business! This course will help you make the behavioural shift from doing to enabling and motivating others to get it done.
Our workshop sizes are kept to a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure our experienced trainers have time to help individuals understand any complex points.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for anyone who has responsibility for managing a team or group of people. This course will help those relatively newly appointed to a supervisory role who want to build their skills in the essentials of people management.
What will you learn?
This course addresses the fundamental knowledge and understanding required when supervising groups or small teams, giving you a sound basis and methods for applying proven management practice.
We will help you to understand how to set and obtain objectives with your team, teach you techniques to motivate and empower your team. You will start to develop your leadership style and learn skills to help you gain the trust and respect of your team.
If you feel swamped by work, have to juggle tasks and feel burdened by conflicting pressures we will teach you some techniques to help you cope with the demands of your role.
- Hopes and fears – expectations for today
- Standards of performance
- Effective communication
- Questioning and listening skills
- Words, language and body language
- Assertive behaviour
- Time management
- Targets, prioritising and planning
- Time management tools
- The balance of needs
- Task, team and individual
- The role of a leader
- Styles of management
- The challenge of teamwork
- Maximising and maintaining input
- Building a desire for results
- A positive team and its links to organisational goals
- Overcoming the barriers to effective delegation
- Providing recognition
- Constructive Performance management
- Questions and answers
Who is the trainer?
Val Moulton – Senior Crisp Associate
You may also be interested in:
- Supervision Skills (Online AM)
- Supervision Skills (Online PM)
- The Art of Delegation, Motivation and Empowerment (Online)
- Dealing with Difficult People and Negativity (Online)
- The Essential Art of Persuasion & Influence (Online)
Get more for your money with our Learning Passport for face-to-face courses. Find out more hereDownload a PDF of this course
Benefits of the course
By the end of the session you will feel….
… better equipped to persuade and influence others in order to make things happen.
Other people like you who attented this course commented:
- “Excellent - cannot fault it!”
- “Very Enjoyable Experience – lots to work on.”
- “This course will be beneficial in all aspects of my life. The areas covered were interesting and very well presented.”
Didn't find the right course you were looking for?
Why not try a new search